The Customs Broker Process
The Customs Broker Process is not as complicated or convoluted as you might have originally thought. We have a 5-step process that we undertake to make it as painless as possible:
- We go over the import process as well as figuring out exactly if any duties & taxes are due on your shipment.
- We would then email or fax you a one page customer set up form to get all necessary information required by the Canada Border Services Agency.
- Once we receive your completed form as well as the invoice or receipt for the shipment, we get you set up in our system and email you an invoice for payment.
- The shipment would then get processed at the border. When the transport company arrives at the border the driver presents the paperwork with his barcode on it, the customs officer scans the barcode and verifies that Bay City Brokers has entered all necessary shipment details according to the rules and regulations put forth by the CBSA and duties and taxes are fully accounted for.
- The transport company will contact you to arrange delivery.
Call us at (905) 455-4777 or Toll-free at 1.877.535.4777 to find out how we can help